Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day of Hate -- Idiot Yelp! Reviewers

For  Day of Hate here on Horizon.Point, first up:  another reason to hate Yelp, or more specifically Yelpers.

From a review posted today:   (I'm paraphrasing so as not to uh, y'know, steal anyone's words away)

This Vietnamese Place has a lot of good things going for it:  friendly owners and staff, clean place, large and varied selection.
Now--about their pho.  I've eaten pho here a dozen times in the past and liked it.  But today I ordered my usual, beef w/tendon, and where was the beef?   I could only find two pieces of beef in my pho!   And I guess they were out of the Thai basil they usually put in because there was no Thai basil!  Why didn't they at least add extra cilantro?   One Star.
Here's a hint:  when you post a review to Yelp!  you are posting a general review of the business.  If you've only been there once, and it was bad, okay, I can understand the one star.  (Though, personally, I try to sample a place at least three times before reviewing it at all--if I do post a review after one visit, I make this clear in the review and take it into consideration when assigning stars.)   This customer, though, liked everything about the place--including the last 12 bowls of pho he ate.   So one bad experience out of at least 13 results in an extremely low rating?  That's rude.  You're an asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment